- What is a design pattern?
- A design pattern is a proven solution to a common problem faced by the software developers. They became popular with the rise of OOAD. They are designed to help developers deliver high quality, easily maintained products in lesser time and at a lower cost.
- How is it classified?
- They are classified on the basis of the underlying problem they address.
- Behavioural Design Patterns – characterize the manner of class and object interaction and how responsibilities are distributed among them.
- Creational Design Patterns – address the object creation process. Creational design patterns encapsulate knowledge about how, when, and by whom an instance is created.
- Structural Design Patterns – address the composition of classes and objects.